TED Conferences in New York City, New York, United States
Application deadline: December 30, 2020 8:50 PM
Posted date: December 2, 2020
Seasonal role: (1/4/21 – 6/30/21)
Estimated salary: $17.00 per hour
TED – Remote – Internship
Start Date: January 2021
End Date: June 2021
We’re looking for a recent graduate with strong video editing skills who is social media savvy and can articulate well-formed opinions.
Your primary responsibilities will be to edit short videos for TEDx to share across social media, as well as evaluate, optimize, and publish talks put forward by the TEDx community. Globally, the TEDx initiative produces up to 500 talks every week and we need smart people to identify the best and most urgent, so we can help spread those ideas with a wider public through short, shareable videos. You need to feel a personal stake in the future of science, politics, philosophy, art, and/or pop culture, and demonstrate bona fides in one or two of those fields as your input will help guide which talks to share across social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
A few skills you can expect to practice or learn: How to create compelling, shareable content for a general audience. How to market to a mission-driven audience. How best to contribute in a collaborative, opinionated workplace. What makes a great TED talk (and what makes a talk fail). How to optimize a video for discovery on the internet.
- You must be able to work 5 full days (40 hrs) per week
- You will need your own computer and WiFi connection given that this internship will be remote.
- You should have strong video editing skills, and want to improve
- You see video editing as a creative endeavor and are excited to contribute new ideas
- You should be well-versed in the YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- You should be very familiar working in Google Drive in spreadsheets and documents
- You must be detail-oriented and perceptive when completing tasks, and you must be able to work independently and efficiently
- You must be fluent in English
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience creating and incorporating motion graphics into video
- Fluency in at least one of these languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Mandarin
- You should be able to pass a short editing and writing test
To apply, please include your résumé and a short cover letter with 1) why you’d like to join our team, 2) what your favorite TEDx talk is, 3) a link to an example of a video you’ve edited, and 4) a link to at least one of your social media accounts.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.