(21001372-Student SoAC Computer Lab Lead Tech AY 21/22)
Start date – July 18 – May 19, 2023 (subject to change)
The Office Information Technology is seeking candidates for the School of Arts and Communication Computer Lab Lead Tech role.
AIMM and Kendall computer lab lead technician to assist students and faculty with use of technology in a creative computing environment.
- Assist students and faculty with use of software and hardware
- Help monitor lab function/preparedness – take action or report
- Hardware troubleshooting including computers, printers, scanners, video hardware, MIDI
- Assist with usage of some or all of the following Macintosh graphics, multimedia, video and 3D design applications: Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Logic Pro, MakeMusic Finale, Max, Autodesk Fusion 360, Rhino3D, Avid Media Composer and ProTools
- Participate in setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the lab environment
- Assist Information Technology in delivery of services as needed
- Work cohesively with tech team members, peers, faculty and staff
- Exposure to specific industry practices
- Gain knowledge of campus resources
- Provide quality customer service
- Gain an understanding of professionalism and confidence working in a fast paced academic environment
- Previous experience as SoAC lab technician.
- Experience with Macintosh computing and MacOS
- Some Windows experience required
- Creative computing experience – or area of study as substitute